Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6 weeks old and Awesome!

Wow do they change in a week. What a week it has been. Onyx, our Ancona Drake that we assumed was the standard black and white has been changing every day. First came this beautiful rust/copper color on his breast area and this week, a beautiful teal color is appearing on his face, head and back end. So...it looks like Onyx will be a tri-color which is thrilling as he is going to be paired up with my silver ancona duck, Sasha.



Ancona




Ancona





Ancona





Ancona





Ancona





Ancona




He will be paired up with Sasha. She is what i believe to be a silver ancona. Yay.



Ancona



Then my three chocolate anconas will become a trio.

There is Mounds, a female


Ancona



Hershey, also a female


Ancona



KitKat, the drake


Ancona



I will have a trio of Golden Welsh Harlequins, Draccus, the Drake



Golden Welsh Harlequins





Golden Welsh Harlequins




A female, Nibblets


Golden Welsh Harlequins




The second female, Lilly


Golden Welsh Harlequins




I also have three Golden Welsh Harlequin drakes that will be in a bachelor pad until I find them good homes or until I get more females.


Their favorite green is Spinach Leaves....oh my they go nuts for it.


Ancona,Golden Welsh Harlequins





Ancona,Golden Welsh Harlequins





Ancona,Golden Welsh Harlequins




So, the adventure continues. I am building the duck house and have a smaller coop coming for the bachelors so I will post pics of that as I go too.

No comments:

Post a Comment