Thursday, June 18, 2009

They are 5 weeks old + and amazing


There is never a dull moment around here with the duck crew of 11. As you can see above, Onyx was having fun playing in the pool. They are a hoot! Each one has a different personality and is unique in his/her own way.
So far it looks like we have 6 drakes and 5 females. Well 5 are clearly quacking and 6 are not. My Golden Welsh Harlequins have very distinct looks too. The two that are quacking are a rusty beautiful brown breast area, the other 4 are splotchy and have dark heads and are not quacking. So time will tell for sure but I love em all anyway.

Photobucket

Here are some pics of my favorite harlequin drake...he loves the hose and being nosey. He has to check out everything I am doing or have.

Golden Welsh Harlequins,Ancona

Golden Welsh Harlequins,Ancona

Golden Welsh Harlequins

Golden Welsh Harlequins

All 11 of them in their play pool. They have a much larger one which they are sleeping in at night in the garage while their duck house is being built.

Ancona,Golden Welsh Harlequins

Kitkat refusing to use the steps, silly duck

Ancona

Sasha being too lazy to get out of the pool

Ancona

Nibblets

Golden Welsh Harlequins

Hershey

Ancona

Mounds

Ancona

Sasha and Onyx headless

Ancona

Water Play

Ancona

Then of course we must groom afterwards

Ancona

It looks like I will be looking for females for my 3 extra drake harlequins because I just do not have the heart to butcher the extras. I bought them as pets and love them as pets...so pets they will stay. If I need to rehome them I will do that or make them a bachelor pad of their own, which is the current plan.

More updates on the crew later because something is always happening with these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment