Tuesday, May 26, 2009

2 Weeks Old and Having Fun



Yestderday the ducklings were two weeks old so we had some pool time celebration. They had a blast diving for peas, swimming and just paddling around their pool. So, it was really hot out and I decided to see how they liked the water hose by adding some cool water to their pool.

I had a spray adjusting nozzle on the hose and a couple of caught in the spray and it was duckling heaven. Suddenly they were standing up, puffing their chests out and just kicked back in the Spray. One of the little GWH got so relaxed in the warm sun and cool spray that s/he fell over. I almost fell in the pool laughing. So, needless to say I handed the hose over to Cheyenne and I started taking pictures of my little duckie soldiers all lined up standing in the spray.


Photobucket

Photobucket

They played and pulled off some funny duck antics!

Photobucket

Ancona

They have long outgrown their tote and now the tub. My only choice until the duck house was built was my fall back chicken brooder, the hot tub frame. So, I put pine shavings and straw in their pool, set up their waterer, a deep dish for rinsing their heads and the long chick feeder, then put my portable hot tub frame around the pool in the garage. they have their heat lamp and tons of room and were happily all spread out sleeping when I came inside. They had a big day and spent all of it outside playing in their makeshift pool, their big pool, the tractor and some outside free ranging time with me. They are fairly imprinted on me so they followed me, wandered off, had to be herded, followed and so forth.


But overall, we are one big happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment