Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The New Bigger Digs


The ducklings moved into their new bigger digs and they love it. This is what the set up is currently. A portable hot tub frame in the secure garage, their kiddie pool inside the frame, pine shavings with straw on top, a 1.5 gallon waterer, 2 deep dishes of water to dunk their heads, a tray feeder and a heat lamp. All this = happy ducklings.
The overall set up view
Ancona,Golden Welsh Harlequins


The ducklings had their first experience with straw so they naturally had to taste it....thankfully, none of them like it at all so it was quickly dismissed as a snack and tagged as a warm place to lay down.



Ancona,Golden Welsh Harlequins



They ate, played and then started to settle down for the night.


Ancona,Golden Welsh Harlequins


The garage is warm enough that they will not need their heat lamp until I go to bed, so that will be the last thing on my agenda is to check their water and food, turn on the heat lamp and lock the door till morning. I am amazed at how much they are growing. Still a bit skittish but I make sure to spend as much time with them as possible everyday, not force my attention on them and let them come to me and eat from my hand or get rubs. I love my duckies.




Ancona,Golden Welsh Harlequins

No comments:

Post a Comment